The earliest corporate web sites were basically electronic brochures. The rapid growth in consumer preferences for using the Internet to find products or services to purchase along with new social media platforms require new strategies for your prospective customers to find you.
This course focuses on practical techniques for growing sales by building your brand on the Internet. We will not be spending much time on theoretical concepts. We are going to discuss the concepts of optimizing your web site to generate new traffic along with other Internet marketing strategies. We will cover more than web site search engine optimization.
The class format is lecture with instructor-led demonstrations. It is not necessary to bring a laptop to class, but if you bring one you will be able to connect to the Internet.
Upon completion of this class you will be able to:
- Measure your web site traffic and identify where your traffic is coming from (you may need some technical assistance in implementing this feature).
- Develop a strategy for identifying search terms and phrases that will improve your ranking in search engine results.
- Write content for your web site that is more likely to attract visitors.
- Identify some of the key elements that search engines look for when determining the ranking of your web pages.
- Register you or your company to generate inbound links to your site.
- Advertise your products and/or services with low-cost tools.
- Describe how social media platforms can help to improve your brand visibility. We will not have the time to provide detailed instructions on how to use social media platforms.
- Describe the benefits of blogging as a part of your branding. We will not have the time to teach you how to blog.
This class is targeted towards the non-technical user and requires no programming skills. However, some of the discussed techniques may require technical assistance to implement.