Introduction to WordPress Training - Raleigh, NC
You have heard all about building your own web site with WordPress. This introductory course is designed to help new users get their web site up and running faster. Learn how to create a basic web site with WordPress including your own blog. We will show you the basics of creating pages, blog posts, choosing a theme, and working with plugins.
Course Requirements and Prerequisites
This is an interactive class where you will create your own WordPress site on a free hosting account. You will need to bring your own wireless enabled laptop to the class with a standard Internet browser installed (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari). The free WordPress training account is recommended since the course references some themes and plugins that have been pre-installed on the hosting service.
This class is targeted towards the "non-programmer" or average user. Basic familiarity with using an Internet browser is all that is required for this class.
Upon completion of this class you will be able to:
- Create a new account on a free WordPress blogging site.
- Log in to the WordPress administrator backend.
- Create static web pages for a "regular" web site.
- Create blog articles.
- Include an image in a page or blog article post.
- Activate a theme and customize the site appearance.
- Change the sequence of static pages displayed on your menu bar.
- Activate a plugin that will allow your site visitors to fill in a form to contact you via email.
- Moderate comments posted to your blog article pages.
- Use basic HTML in writing WordPress content:
Modify image insertion HTML
Use bolded words and different fonts.
Duration: 3 hours
Maximum number of attendees: 10 students
Location: Team Nimbus Center, North Raleigh
Course notes will be provided to you electronically prior to the class starting. If you wanted a printed copy, please print out a copy and bring it with you to class.